Friday, May 30, 2008

Idiots?!

I don't know about you, but this site kind of grossed me out... Whereas I can appreciate art and understand that death is an inevitable occurrance in life, I'm not an advocate of animal cruelty or taxidermy in any way, shape or form, and the photographs on this site struck me as freakish --something that conjures up visions of animal poachers capitalizing on dead mink-skins, crocodile purses with claws, and foot-stools made out of elephant feet... Without presuming how these birds gave up the ghost, only to be displayed as an ornamented trophy around someone's neck, I can only furrow my brow and be glad that my creations are made out of clay. Looking at the title of the site, it is obvious that this is an attempt to make some sort of artistic statement concerning 'life vs. death', but I'm likely to think that the message can be conveyed effectively (and has been no doubt) without pissing off millions of bird-owners around the world in addition to bunny fans... I'm just sayin...


This Must Be Made By Idiots collection

You look good? as a necklace...


Auntie Jean's poor parakeet... :(

No comments: